Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Seattle smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Seattle home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and find suggestions to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Seattle?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- Check real-time or saved footage from all linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Seattle by setting schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Seattle
Even though many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the details to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Seattle home security system. Dial (206) 590-6257 to learn more.